Welcome our new Team members

Greetings again from East Lake Golf Club. It's great to be out of winter dormancy and maintaining a green golf course! We are currently very pleased with all of our playing surfaces. Dispite a cloud and rain soaked few weeks, our greens are in great condition. We have been able to verticut greens four times this season so far, and will continue at varying depths on a bi-weekly basis. Tees are being verticut as we speak at .200 below roller, the firmness of that playing surface is certainly heading in the right direction. Fairways are overall in fantastic condition, and are anxiously awaiting their hollow-tine aeration in 21 days!
Aside from course maintenance, we have some new faces on our maintenance team we would like to introduce you to. 

First, meet Charles Aubry, 




"With a family background in the business of golf, Charles emerged into the golf course management industry in 2000. Developing a strong base of fundamentals he continued to advance his career at one of the nation's premier Turf Management Schools; Michigan State University. Throughout his education Charles sought out multiple internships to expand his knowledge base of managing turf throughout the country. His experiences have given him the opportunity to develop his career in the Midwest, Northwest, Desert Southwest, and Southeast. Charles served as the First Assistant of the Mountain Course at Ventana Canyon Golf and Raquet Club from 2009 – 2012 as well as First Assistant at the Atlanta Country Club from 2012 – 2015. For a more in-depth look into the operations and projects he has been a part of please view his portfolio at www.charlesaubry.com.
​​Building his career could not be possible without the strong support of his wife Anne Marie. Charles enjoys spending his free time with his wife, exercising, golfing, reading, and spending any amount of time outdoors."


Next, please let me introduce our two interns for the summer of 2015. First, Will Bowling: 



"Will writes in his own words: I am a Georgia native that grew up in Suwanee, Georgia.  I attended Collins Hill High School where I graduated as an honor graduate.  I achieved my lifelong goal of attending the University of Georgia when I was accepted through early admissions.  I have always enjoyed the outdoors and golf which led me to my decision of pursuing my degree in Turfgrass Management at the University of Georgia.  During the summer of 2014 I worked at Reunion Country Club which was my first golf course maintenance job.  I learned many things there that I think will be beneficial for me as I progress my way through this internship at East Lake.  I will be a junior this fall at the University of Georgia as I begin my third year of studies in Turfgrass Management.  I was beyond excited when I found out that I was going to be a part of the 2015 Summer Internship Program at East Lake Golf Club. I could not ask for a better course to intern at and am very thankful for the opportunity.  I am looking forward to furthering my knowledge on turfgrass management greatly throughout this wonderful opportunity at East Lake.  
When I am not working or attending school you can find me doing many things. I am an avid hunter and fisherman. I am interested in pretty much any collegiate or professional sport especially football.  On Saturdays in the fall you can find me between the hedges in Sanford Stadium cheering on the Dawgs and on Sundays you can find me supporting my Dallas Cowboys. I also enjoy working out and playing basketball with my friends. I love meeting new people and striking up conversation. Once again I could not be more thankful for the opportunity this summer and I plan on cherishing every moment of it."

Lastly, meet Clint Connard. 



"My name is Clint Connard; I am a senior Turfgrass Management major from the University of Georgia. I am from Loganville, Georgia, where I attended Loganville High School. I enjoy playing golf and playing music in my free time. I am an avid drummer, guitar and piano player. I was on the drumline at the University of Georgia. I enjoy camping and fishing with my family.  I just love being outdoors and being at the lake, beach, or the mountains. 
I am so honored to be an intern at East Lake Golf Club this summer. I have previously worked at Summit Chase Coubtry Club and The Landings Club: Deer Creek Course. This is my third year working in the golf course maintenance industry. I wish to gain knowledge in the areas of irrigation and chemical management. I am excited to learn how to prepare and keep a course on schedule for a PGA Tour event. I am looking forward to the challenge and to really grow professionally and personally this summer."

It is shaping up to be a fantastic year at East Lake Golf Club, and with these new additions to our team we are firing on all cylinders towards the 2015 PGA Tour Championship beginning September 21st 2015!

Thanks for checking in with us, in our next post we will be back to discussing summer maintenance practices!

Jason Tharp
AGCS East Lake Golf Club 

Popular Posts